What is Burnout?
Burnout is the loss of meaning in one’s work, life and relationships coupled with mental, emotional, or physical exhaustion as the result of long-term, unresolved stress.
Burnout can affect anyone, however there is a growing number of professional women, entrepreneurs, business owners, and care givers who are reporting symptoms of burnout
General symptoms of burnout include:
- Lower resistance to illness
- Pessimistic outlook on work or life
- Low or excessive appetite
- Physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion
- Feeling disconnected and isolated
- Needing to take away from work
- Demotivation and detachment from your work and aspirations
- Depleted energy levels
- Forgetfulness/ Brain fog
- Detachment in personal relationships
- Lower productivity
Who is most affected by it?
High performing individuals and those who act as caregivers are the most affected by burnout. Women, especially career women, are at high risk due to the double leadership roles they play as professionals and central family figures.
How do you know that you are at risk or on your way to burnout?
As with any health challenge prevention is the key to manage burnout. A good way to start is looking at the symptoms listed above. But before these symptoms arise you can ask yourself these powerful questions:
- Will my body and my relationships survive my success?
- Do I consider myself a successful woman, but too tired or too busy to actually live my life to the fullest?
If your answers make you question your lifestyle keep reading…
I am a coach that focuses on those suffering from the glorification of busy. People that have achieved success in the work and professional areas but who know deep down there is more to life than that…
I coach those who have “forgotten about themselves”. The women I help find that, after becoming successful, the state of their health, relationships and emotions is on a fast decline as a result of the constant demands of modern life.
This group of people experience what I call “toxic success “, a form of high performance that unconsciously neglects the authenticity of each person leaving anything that isn’t “efficient” or “productive” out of the equation.
This problem hunts professional women because unlike the problems they solve at work and home, the solution to burnout is not an intellectual one, it is a matter of body awareness and nervous system self regulation.
- Have you ever received good advice that you were unable to follow?
- Has your doctor ever recommended a lifestyle change that you found to be unsustainable?
- Have you ever wanted to change something in your life, but found you couldn’t achieve it alone?
This is what I am talking about! What you need is not more knowledge
The good news is that there is a way out…You are simply “stuck” in a way of seeing things and in the rush of life you cannot see your blind spots . In a nutshell, what is happening is that your nervous system and your mind are now running an outdated set of instructions at the subconscious level. And these instructions keep you wired and tired leading you to burnout.
You are on sympathetic (survival) override. The way you have learnt to see yourself and your routines are now failing you. You need to upgrade your programming.
This is why the highest performers in the world have coaches
Coaching is the behavioral and strategic complement to success. As a top achiever you cannot be spinning your wheels trying to figure out things on your own.
My goal is to help women like you avoid being confused or regressing to old patterns after a superficial “fix”. You need a comprehensive answer because burnout can become chronic settling strongly within your chemistry and biology. Unlike stress, burnout cannot be treated with patchwork therapies and relaxation. Many women self medicate or cope with sugar, coffee and alcohol. Others escape with food, shopping, technology, TV or with more compulsive doing. But the answer becomes clear after all of these strategies fail.
You know that even after the vacation, massage or yoga class you end up back at the same place. This is not sustainable recovery. Is it? What you need is to create a new stress resilient and energized life.
What is coaching?
Think of it as “Personal Well-being Consulting”. Coaches are knowledgeable advisors who provide ongoing support and guidance as you set goals and make sustainable changes that improve your health and lifestyle. As your Burnout Repair Coach, I will listen carefully and help you to navigate the world of contradictory advice that often overwhelms you. My aim is to focus on the strategies that are necessary for you as a busy individual.
Your Core Burnout Repair program will radically improve your energy, mental focus and health. Together, we will explore concerns specific to your fatigue, brain fog, poor sleep, hormonal health, relationships and resilience so you can discover the tools you need for a lifetime where stress doesn’t break you.
As a client of my Burnout Repair coaching program, you will…
- learn mindset & somatic practices that regulate the stress response
- create daily routines for stress resilience
- stop unsustainable “all or nothing” and “scarcity” mentality
- set and accomplish small goals in a way that is empowering and not stressful
- make progress without competition & guilt
- improve your work-life balance and learn to prioritize your self-care
- include “food medicine” for more energy & longevity
- improve digestion, sleep, mental clarity and other markers of good health
- understand your “busy mindset” blocks and re-wire them into new and empowering ones
- develop the ability to self-regulate your nervous response with conscious breathing techniques
- increase your energy levels without stimulants
- learn about simple living rituals that save you time and energy
- improve your relationships
Burnout repair can take your from “sick and tired of being sick and tired” to an empowered state by applying the practical technologies I share. You will be empowered and nurtured. This is not a temporary plan. This is the missing link in stress management: The activation of your somatic defense. Your body has a built in system you can learn to use and that’s why the results last! Are you ready to come out of burnout? Are you willing to step in and get “unstuck”? If you answered yes, then this is your call to shine!
To decide if Burnout repair coaching is right for you, I invite you to schedule a 45 minute free initial consultation with me. During this session, we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.
Contact me today to schedule your free initial consultation.