Use this 1 day guide to give your body as short and sweet (100% natural!) Reset. Whether it is because you went off track or because you need some extra motivation by experiencing how good it feels to be clean, you are going to LOVE this 24 hour re-set.
Follow the routine and details. The closer you adhere to the listed suggestions the greater the results. Things like bloating, heaviness and energy may be the first thing you notice, but trust me, your body will be doing a happy dance from the inside!
Day before prep.
Make plenty of this recipe so you can drink it throughout the day. If you must, you can replace this with an organic, low sodium broth like Emerils.
Cleansing veggie broth
Bring 8 cups of water to a boil and add (4) Cups of mixed vegetables (organic only) cut into small cubes: Use a variety to include minimum (4) or more of the following: – Sweet potatoes, shitake mushrooms, carrots, onions, dark leafy greens, daikon, turnips, rutabagas, wakame (sea weed), leek, garlic.
Boil and then simmer for 1-2 hours. Let it cool and strain (optional). Drink 3-5 cups during the day as a substitute for (1) meal if needed. Drink as an afternoon snack if you need extra energy.
Reset Day Routine
- Upon waking up drink 12 ounces of room temperature or luke warm water with 1 Tablespoon of Raw apple cider vinegar (Braggs) , 1 tablespoon on fresh lemon juice and add 1 teaspoon of honey of some stevia if needed to sweeten it.
- Drink 8 ounces of an organic cold press green juice or smoothie. Here are some good recipes (you can buy from your local juice bar, our buy Suja brand green juices from your health food store)
Green Bloat Buster
6 leaves dandelion greens or kale
1 large cucumber
2 large leaves Swiss chard
1/8 cup parsley, leaves and stems, tightly packed
2 cups honeydew melon cubes
Wash and prep all ingredients. Juice all ingredients.
Granny Smith Pie Smoothie
1/2 banana, frozen
1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled, and seeded
1 1/2 cups kale, leaves only, tightly packed
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Wash and prep all ingredients. Blend and serve.
Consider adding wheat grass or spirulina to de above recipes for greater results.
- For lunch have a large massaged kale salad tossed with pureed avocados, lemon juice and Himalayan salt. Add pine nuts or pumpkin seeds if desired. If the weather is cold, lightly steam the kale and then toss with lemon avocado mix
- Have a digestive tea after lunch like ginger, chamomile or star anise. You can also buy detox and digestive teas from the brand Traditional medicinals in your health food store.
- For snack have 1 cup of mixed berries, another green juice or smoothie or a cup of the detox broth
- For dinner have as much of the detox broth as you’d like and add 1-2 cups of a combination of thinly sliced or spirilized zucchini, green onions, carrots, baby spinach and kombu or wakame flakes (sea weed you can buy at the health food store)
- Dry brush your skin before showering (buy brush for this purpose at health store or use a dry towel)
- Take an epson salt bath before bed
Drink water constantly during the day. Calculate half of your body weight in ounces and aim for that amount in water. Also, take naps if you can and get a good night sleep.
This routine is bullet proof. At the end you would have cleansed you body deeply and also experienced some well needed self care. This is such a simple routine you can make it a monthly ritual if you like. As always listen to your body and take responsibility for your wellbeing. You can adapt this to fit your needs, but make sure that you are not eating any of the big troublesome foods: sugar, white flour, gluten, caffeine, processed foods and fatty animal foods. 24 hours of abstinence from this harmful items will do wonders.
There you go! Now pick a day to put this plan in action and give your body a good re-set after the holidays. Supercharge your healthy intentions for 2016
Coach Maria Marcano