Post Thanksgiving recovery mode is ON!
I am guilty of going down the gluten and sugar path this past weekend and the post nasal drip (gross I know!), the cravings and low energy are signs I need a reset ASAP.
Here’s what I’ve been doing:
- Taking 3 Shots of my Organic Kamut blend per day from my online super food store. I take the first one upon waking, on an empty stomach, the second one mid morning and the last one mid afternoon.
- Drinking warm water with lemon and dandelion tea all day long to support liver & the lymphatic system flushing all this sugar induced mucus out!
- Taking 10 tablets of my Super aminos 23. My vegan predigested protein that will help me get energy, stay fit and curb the pesky sugar cravings. I take 5 in the am and 5 more when I feel the energy crashing
- Drinking a gut healing papaya smoothie with cardamom seeds and using water infused with cloves. This can be good for digestion, irregular bowel movements & bloating
- Adding probiotic foods all day long: sipping on Kombucha, drinking miso soup and adding a spoon full of raw sauerkraut to each meal are my “go to” options.
I also made a large bowl of a Cleansing pesto salad that is super tasty and satisfying and will support your detoxing organs.
Here is the recipe to the salad and the papaya gut elixir for you. Enjoy!
Papaya digestive smoothie
- 1 cup of papaya (Choose organic is it came from Hawaii as most papayas from Hawaii are GMO)
- 2 cups of clove infused water.
- 5 -7 cardamom seeds
- 3 -4 papaya seeds
Boil the water with 2 cloves and let it cool. Mix the water, papaya and seeds in a high speed blender. Enjoy in the morning before eating breakfast or before dinner.
Repairing Pesto Detox Salad
- 1 Cup of purple cabbage shredded
- 1/4 of a sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup of kale (chopped) or baby spinach
- 1 small organic apple, diced and covered with lemon juice to avoid oxidation. (use any kind – I like gala apples)
- 1 Handful of bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup of almonds, chopped – best if raw and unsalted
- 1/2 avocado, sliced.
- 1/2 cup of organic parsley
- 4 Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of tahini
- Himalayan salt and pepper.
Mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl. Blend the first four ingredients for the dressing on a high speed blender adding salt and pepper to taste (you will have some extra pesto for other preparations such as zucchini pasta or pesto roasted veggies). In a bowl mix 3 Tablespoons of the pesto with the rest of te dressing ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste (add more olive oil if desired). Toss the salad with the dressing and eat immediately. Keep the rest of the pesto refrigerated for up to one week
I’ll be eating this salad all day along with miso soup or vegetable broth to help me digest the cabbage which tends to be hard work for my “low fire” gut. If you are like me, make sure you do the same. You can also add some kimchi or sauerkraut to the recipe and have a digestive tea after eating.
You can do this few simple things to keep you feeling well and not sabotaging yourself during the season. Do a reset like this after Holiday parties, weekend trips, events and more. In just 48 hours the cravings, congestion and bloating will be gone. I promise!
To get the superfood listed above (Kamut blend and super aminos 23) head on to my online store are use the code MYOMHEALTH to get $50 off your 1st order of $75 going to www.ishoppurium.com
Below are some pictures of all the things I mentioned in case some are new to you. Make sure you keep them in your pantry and say goodbye to the guilt and the post-holiday weight gain.
I’m very grateful for you. Thank you for reading…
If you like this article, please say thanks to me by sharing it with people that can enjoy it too. Who can be blessed by this information? Or maybe you are moved leave a little comment in my blog. Knowing that you are there and that we are connecting will brighten my day so much!
Coach Maria Marcano